Thursday, November 17, 2011

Of Hangers and Willpower

Today I went to TJ Maxx.  I love that place.  Possibly, I love it a little too much.  Such bargains!!  I mean, I can go in for a $4.99 pair of pantyhose, and they will only cost me $75!!  (The Calphalon stockpot and the cute clearance skirt are bonuses with the purchase of every pair of green polka-dotted tights, I swear!)

But today was different.  Today there was monstrous effort.  It went like this:

"I am only here for a hanger"
[Walk into store]
"I am only here for a han- Ooh!  That coat is gorgeous!  And it's so sof- I am only here for a hanger."
"I am only here for a hanger."
"Ooh! They added more clearance dresses!  I wonder-no!!"
"I am only here for a stupid hanger.  I am only here for a hanger."
"I am onl- Oh, I bet that shelf would work next to the TV for the movies.  Is it too tal- Ugh!! I am ONLY here for a hanger >:l "
"Hanger.  I am only here for a hanger.  I bet they would be over by where that chair that I want is. I love that chair, yes there it is, in all its glory.  It's not that expens-  HANGER!!!!"
"I AM ONLY HERE FOR A HANGER!  I AM ONLY HERE FOR A *^#$&*% HANGER!!"
"Here they are!  Here is my hanger, it is in my hand.  I am now going to walk responsibly and frugally to the cashier and buy my hanger, after which I will exit the store!"
[turns away from the hangers]
"Oh!  Why, here is the clearance shoe section!  Don't mind if I jus- JUST GO BUY YOUR STUPID HANGER!!!"
"This is getting ridiculous.  Is it so hard to just come in and pick up an insignificant little han-SPARKLY!!  NO, NO SPARKLY STUFF.  HANGER!!"


You get the basic idea.  Then end, my $6.99 hanger only cost me... $6.99!!!  That's right.  I only went in to buy a hanger and the only thing I bought was my stupid hanger.  You may now congratulate me.

3 comments:

  1. LOL!!!! Congratulations. :-) Where is there a TJ Maxx?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love it! Sounds like me :) Congratulations. I think?

    ReplyDelete
  3. First Target and now TJMaxx??!? What is this world coming to....

    ReplyDelete