Friday, February 25, 2011

Grown Up?

I came to the very grown-up realization today that sugary cereal (unless it is H-E-B brand Cinnamon Toast Crunch) just isn't where it's at. Growing up at my house, sugary cereal was a very rare, 0nly-on-your-birthday-or-visiting-grandma sort of treat, and boy, did we love it!

But this morning whilst breaking my fast over a bowl of pink-and-purple-dyed Berry Berry Kix, I realized that it's really not that great. I mean, it looses its crunch by the time I can get a spoon out of the drawer, it tears up the top of my mouth, and that weird sugary coating it leaves in my mouth? No, thanks! Give me a bowl of Grape Nuts and a banana any day!

1 comment:

  1. hey I had some berry berry kix this morning! I must still be a child because I thoroughly enjoyed them. However, I do love grape nuts and special k and the like "grown up" cereals. Sweet cereals were a treat in our house too like "only on your birthday" or "when you're at grandma's house"...oh grandma...thanks for having rice krispie treat cereal or cap'n crunch for us, even if it was a little stale at times...

    ReplyDelete